Marvel Comics Cuts More Titles
Marvel has cancelled both books that feature a female character in the solo lead, X-23 (#20 last issue) and Ghost Rider. Black Panther: The Man Without Fear is also ending with issue #529 and PunisherMAX will end it’s story and run in February. According to writer Jason Aaron, PunisherMAX was not cancelled but the story ran it’s course to the end. Also Villains For Hire has shrunk from a five issue series to just four issues.
So if you’re keeping score on what’s ending and what’s being cut, here’s the rundown:
- Ghost Rider is cancelled.
- X-23 is cancelled ending with #20.
- Black Panther: Man Without Fear is cancelled ending with #529.
- PunisherMAX is not cancelled, but will not continue after the current story ends.
- Villains For Hire shrinks from five issues to just four.
- Victor Von Doom is cancelled before it sees print.
- Alpha Flight ends as originally planned at #8, after it was made an ongoing series.
- All-Winners Squad ended at #5.
- Iron Man 2.0 is cancelled and ends with #12.
- The Destroyers was cancelled before it was solicited, even though some art was already completed.
I think that’s all – At least this time. I’m sure there will be more to follow.
– The Comic Book Critic