Comic Book Critic is looking for contributors
What we’re looking for
We’re interested in writers with a passion for comic books and all things comic book related. Anyone can be a writer, all you need is knowledge and a passion for the material you’re writing about.
Do you want to write an article about a character? An in depth history of an artist? A review of a comic you just read? We’d be interested in publishing it.
You don’t need to be an established writer, but if you’re not, we’d need to take a look at a sample of your writing.
What you need to do
Contact us with a brief description of yourself, your expertise & skills and your topic of interests.
If you’re published, attach some URLs of your work in your e-mail.
Suggest topics that you would be interested in writing about and the type of article/post you would write.
Quality matters more than length. While we’re not looking for short 200 word posts, we’d prefer 500+, it’s the quality of the post that matters. Write what you think people will want to read about and put your passion behind it.
We prefer that you include images with your writing. You can attach those to your e-mail. Please credit the image owner when applicable.
Include 2-3 sentence biography of yourself. This will appear at the very bottom of the article. If you have any website or social networking profile links you’d like there, include them. Affiliate links are unacceptable without reason.
Be yourself, but be objective. Your writing is your personality. Let it shine through.
At this point, we’re unable to pay for any submissions. But you can still get some benefits for writing for us.
- We average roughly 16,000 monthly visitors to our site. Those are all potential readers for your writing.
- We support Gravitar, if you have a Gravitar account, your image in the byline at the bottom of the article will be automatically fetched and linked to your account.
- Our links are set to follow, so as our PR rank grows, the link to your site will appreciate in rank.
- Be part of a quickly growing site! We’re a relatively new site, but we’re growing a good rate!
The other stuff
- We only publish new content. not previously published online articles.
- We reserve the right to edit your article and reformat it to fit our site’s look and design.
- We retain the rights to be the sole publisher of your article for six months beginning at the publication date. After the six month period, the rights revert back to you and you can publish it anywhere else you see fit. We will still retain the right to keep the post on our site for an indefinite time.
If you’re still interested in sharing your skills and knowledge with the world, we’ll give you that opportunity!
Thanks, and we look forward to your contributions!