Women of Marvel Variants Come to Your Favorite Marvel Comics This March!
This year, Marvel celebrates Women’s History Month by featuring variant covers by 20 very talented female artists in March.
This March, Marvel is celebrating Women’s History Month by gathering some of the best and brightest female artists to tackle some of Marvel’s most iconic characters for a very special variant cover theme. Today, Marvel is pleased to present your new look at a selection of March’s Women of Marvel Variant Covers!
“2014 was a huge year for Women of Marvel, both in our comics and behind the scenes,” says Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso. “Marvel now has more titles starring female leads than ever before, the Women of Marvel panel is one of the most highly attended at conventions, and the weekly Women of Marvel podcast continues to grow. In 2015, we intend to continue that tradition, and March’s Women of Marvel variant covers — featuring 20 of the best female artists in the industry – is just the beginning.”
From the biggest names in the industry today to the superstars of tomorrow, you won’t want to miss a single one of these jaw-dropping variant covers coming to these exciting March titles:
· All-New Captain America #5 by TBD
· All-New Hawkeye #1 by SHO MURASE
· All-New X-Men #39 by FAITH ERIN HICKS
· Amazing Spider-Man #16 by MING DOYLE
· Ant-Man #3 by KATIE COOK
· Avengers #42 by TBD
· Black Widow #16 by VANESA DEL REY
· Captain Marvel #13 by AUFA RICHARDSON
· Deadpool #43 by TBD
· Guardians of the Galaxy #25 by ERICA HENDERSON
· Inhuman #13 by JILL THOMPSON
· Legendary Star-Lord #10 by SANA TAKEDA
· Ms. Marvel #13 by TBD
· New Avengers #31 by SARA PICHELLI
· Rocket Raccoon #9 by JANET LEE
· S.H.I.E.L.D. #4 by COLLEEN DORAN
· Superior Iron Man #6 by TBD
· Thor #6 by TBD
· Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #3 by GURIHIRU
· Uncanny Avengers #3 by AMANDA CONNER
· Uncanny X-Men #33 by STACEY LEE
“Jeanine Schaefer and I have had the pleasure of collaborating with some of the best female artists in the industry to show-off their take on Marvel’s biggest characters and teams,” says Marvel Editor Emily Shaw. “It’s been an incredible experience to bring so many awesome women together for this project. And the results have been pretty awesome!”
Marvel urges retailers to check their orders on these hotly anticipated variant covers as they come exclusively to comic shops throughout the month of March. For more information on the Women of Marvel Variant Covers, check future Marvel Mailers and visit Marvel.com.